I opened the big shed this weekend and, thankfully, the damage was nowhere near what I’d feared. The sofa fabric on one half of one cushion is a bit crispy, but not discoloured or mouldy or growing mushrooms. The leak over the computer chair on the other side landed squarely in the empty bins I had stored on it and I now have a lovely reservoir of perfectly clean and clear meltwater to use on the flowers in the summer. Overall, nowhere near the levels of devastation that I’d been envisioning! Yay!
I also discovered a small colony of voles have moved into the small shed to join the house mice and deer mice already living there. This is a good thing. I love opening the door to that shed and watching everyone scrambling for cover. It’s a small amusement, but I take ’em where I can.
I bought a good garden rake on Friday and used it to rake flat the ruts and ridges in the parking area so it looks as good as new. Plus the car won’t get stuck anymore.
I also bought some landscaping goodies on Friday so I can protect my day lilies out front from being mowed again! See pictures below:
The entire section is now surrounded by a tiny plastic fence, backed by large chunks of white marble. If they want to try mowing that, they’re welcome to, but it’s going to cost them a new mower each and every time they try! Both day lilies have survived that horrible winter, so I figure they deserve all the protection they can get!